Importing Chemicals and Ingredients to Canada
This webinar will provide a high-level overview of the considerations importers and users should contemplate before importing a chemical substance, chemical product, food, cosmetic, drug or ingredient to be further processed or distributed in Canada.
The webinar will explain steps that should be taken before the importation occurs and what obligations importers have once the product is in Canada.
The webinar will provide important references that will allow participants to identify various government programs to determine applicability for their situation. Links to guidance on the following programs are included:
- Customs Tariff and the Single Window Initiative
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act – Chemicals Management Program
- Food & Drug Act and Regulations
- Natural Health Products
- Over the counter drugs
- Hazardous Products Act and Regulations
- Fertilizers Act and Regulations
- Pest Control Products Act and Regulations
- Safe Food for Canadian Act and Regulations